The other day I had some mushrooms, some panko, a little extra time, and the deep-fryer out, so I made deep-fried breaded mushrooms.
Granted, these are largely not good for your health and completely ridiculous to make at home, I have a soft spot for deep-fried shroomies, so here you go. Wait till I make home-made Pronto Pups!
Yes, this is the lamest post, ever.
What you need:
- Flour for dusting
- Enough beaten egg to dip your mushrooms
- Panko or breadcrumbs
- Your favorite spice(s)—optional
- Four favorite dip, ex, ranch dressing, mayo, etc.–optional
What to do:
- Clean the mushrooms and cut off the ends of the stems.
- Begin heating your frying oil to about 375 degrees.
- Roll the mushrooms in flour after adding any spices you like.
- Dip mushrooms in beaten egg and then coat with panko or breadcrumbs
- Fry mushrooms until breading is browned and let them drain on a paper towel.
Enjoy while hot!