I got this recipe from my good friend’s girlfriend. It is still the very best egg salad that I’ve ever had, anywhere, and it makes great sandwiches. Just don’t be afraid to use lots of bacon.
One mistake that I made with these was using an immersion blender, instead of chopping up the eggs with a fork. This made the texture kind of weird, but it still tasted good.
I actually used to hate egg salad, until I had a great egg salad sandwich from a Japanese convenience store. After that, I was hooked—on all types of Japanese convenience store pre-made food. It’s much better than what you can get in the US, and it makes for a quick, cheap meal when you’re on the go.
What you need:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Mustard (Dijon is the best for this recipe)
- Celery salt
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder (little bit)
- Black pepper
- Dry mustard powder
- Bacon – chopped or torn into small pieces
What to do:
- Chop up the hard-boiled eggs and sprinkle with spices.
- Add mayo and mustard. Adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Add chopped bacon. Stir until mixed evenly throughout salad.
Can be eaten on a sandwich or by itself as an accompaniment to another food, such as grilled cheese.