This is a really easy meal to make. It tastes good, though it’s not necessarily my favorite.
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 14.5-oz cans of diced tomatoes (with no salt, if possible)
- 6 oz tomato paste
- Chopped mushrooms (pre-sautéed)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Balsamic vinegar (as needed)
- Red wine (as needed)
- Fresh or dried Italian spices (as needed)
- Freshly shredded parmesan cheese (as needed)
- Your favorite pasta
- Some type of crusty bread
What to do:
- In a large sauce pan, brown the ground beef until 90% cooked.
- Drain off any fat from beef and return pan to stove.
- Over medium heat, add diced tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic. Bring to a mild simmer.
- Add as much wine, balsamic vinegar and spices as you like. Mix, and continue simmering until the liquid is mostly cooked off.
- Cook your pasta—as much as you need—and get your bread ready.
- Plate the pasta and spoon meat sauce over it. Top with shredded parmesans and serve with bread.