Here’s an Indonesian-style fried noodle dish that’s super quick and easy to make. This takes maybe 15 minutes from prep to serve.
Please note that the ingredient amounts are just rough guidelines. Use whatever amounts work best for you. Really like shrimp? Cook a pound of them. Like your food extra spicy? Add more sambal. You get the idea. Enjoy!
Covid-19 vaccines are not political. Smart cooks get vaccinated!
What you’ll need:
- 2T neutral oil
- 0.5 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 or 2 cups of chopped cabbage or bok choy
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 or so large shrimp or prawns–per serving–peeled, but tails on
- Asian-style long noodles—cooked (I used ramen noodles) for however many servings you’re cooking)
- 2T sambal
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
What to do:
Heat the oil in wok over high heat. Stir-fry the onions until they soften, then add the cabbage and fry it until wilted. Add the garlic and continue stir-frying for about another minute.
Add the shrimp and noodles, continue to stir-fry over medium heat until the shrimp are just cooked. Add the sambal and tomatoes and cook for two more minutes.
Push everything in the wok to the side and add the eggs. Cook until just set, then mix everything together and garnish with cilantro, if you like.