Though these should be called “meat balls,” they’re really “meat oblongs.” I’m terrible at making these the right shape. That said, they’re really good!
What you’ll need:
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound ground pork
- panko—to taste
- freshly-dried oregano—to taste
- pinch of salt
- cooking oil
Not a very long list of ingredients, which makes for a good meal.
What to do:
- With clean, wet hands, mix the beef, pork, panko, oregano and salt until blended.
- Put in fridge to get the meat mixture firm.
- Form into balls (or oblongs)
- Cook in a ¼-inch oil in a heavy frying pan.
These could hardly be easier to make. As a tip, turn the meatballs often using a pair of tongs.
I served mine with pasta and a mushroom béchamel sauce and a simple salad.
Leave a Reply