This is one of the most simple and easiest to make Italian meals for the home. Cooking the pasta and bacon actually takes the longest. It’s super delicious and filling, to boot. I have made another version, that may be even better.
What you’ll need:
- 7-9 oz. of bacon
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 additional egg yolk
- ¼-cup white wine
- 1 oz (1 cup) of freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Black pepper, to taste
- Fresh, chopped parsley, to taste
What to do:
- Boil the water for the pasta for cooking.
- Slice the bacon into small pieces and cook it at medium-low heat until it’s crisp. Start the pasta.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, egg yolk and half the grated cheese. Add black pepper, to taste.
- Your spaghetti should have a couple of minutes left to cook at this point.
- Pour wine into the bacon pan (leave bacon in pan) to deglaze. Turn off heat.
- Drain the spaghetti when done, add to pan. Toss with the bacon.
- Add the egg mixture and toss until the residual heat from the pasta cooks the eggs.
- Serve with parsley and remaining cheese.
Leave a Reply